RFM12 FSK library released

Software Design Discussions

Moderators: seaton, strogg

RFM12 FSK library released

Postby seaton » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:04 am

I'm pleased to announce the (very) Alpha release of the RFM12 FSK library to support the HopeRF FSK Tranceivers that I'm currently using as the RF tranceiver.

Full list of features and the download files can be found here http://blog.everythingrobotics.com/2007/12/05/rfm12-fsk-library-alpha-release/

It was developed under BoostC for the PIC but could easily be ported to other platforms/compilers.

Stephen Eaton
seaton
Site Admin

Postby mvenkatd » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:23 am

Congratulations to you on the release of the alpha version.
Can't wait to hear how it turns out!!!

Cheers to ya all!!

P.S. who else is working on the rfm12 module??
mvenkatd

Postby JonSenior » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:56 am

I am, but not until the New Year. I've got too many real, paid, things to be doing right now. Besides, all my prototyping gear is in Britain, and I'm in France. I'm hoping to be re-united with it over the holiday.

Any C development I do will be in GCC, so I'll just need to double check I can set up a build environment for the PIC and then I'll follow suit.

Good work so far Seaton. Looking forward to catching up with you come the New Year.
JonSenior

Postby seaton » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:28 am

JonSenior wrote:I am, but not until the New Year. I've got too many real, paid, things to be doing right now. Besides, all my prototyping gear is in Britain, and I'm in France. I'm hoping to be re-united with it over the holiday.

Any C development I do will be in GCC, so I'll just need to double check I can set up a build environment for the PIC and then I'll follow suit.

I've been looking at Atmel for the reason, gcc development tools! PIC do not really have any free tools except assemblers (that I'm aware of anyway), although I have a PIC compiler, BoostC, most of you guys do not, so I do think it wise for us to move to something more open for our development build environment, like gcc. Unfortunately I don't have any 8 bit ATMEL development boards. Can anyone recommend something?

In the meantime I'll still play around based on a PIC design.

To make matters worse I just lost my development drive today while resizing a partition, luckily I have it all backed up, well most of it anyway :(

Stephen...
seaton
Site Admin

Postby seaton » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:18 am

btw found this today, an open source c compiler for PIC16 and others
http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/

Stephen...
seaton
Site Admin

Return to Software