aerocomm 900Mhz module

All hardware design discussions

Moderators: seaton, strogg

aerocomm 900Mhz module

Postby seaton » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:02 am

Has anyone seen or had experience with these?

http://www.aerocomm.com/rf_transceiver_modules/ac4490_900mhz_rf_transceiver.htm

Will certianly get the distance.

Stephen...
seaton
Site Admin

Three quick questions

Postby Thonord » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:32 am

Europe?
Price?
Safety - User separation?

Tom
Ppl who agree need normally not reply, those who disagree or have questions do.
Or - just ignore me.
Thonord

Re: Three quick questions

Postby seaton » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 am

Thonord wrote:Europe?
Price?
Safety - User separation?

Tom

Good question, Have emailed a local distributor and awaiting their response, also in the mean time I've found these:

http://www.hoperf.com/rf_fsk.asp awaiting response as to pricebreaks etc

What frequency should we be aming for? From what the research I've done (and I'm no radio engineer) looks like the ISM band at 900Mhz FSK

What are your thoughts?
seaton
Site Admin

Frequency

Postby Thonord » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:38 am

I don't have any strong feelings about frequency, but I'm more worried about the patent issue.

And in the interest of brainstorming. What if:" We design a RF spagetti strainer controller?"

It would only require a limited instruction set (one instruction - SS) SS stands for Strain Spagetti.
And a simple protocol for exchange of a few parameters.

Now, if they were battery powered and somebody bought them and soldered on PC conectors? Would that be a problem?

Tom
Or - just ignore me.
Thonord

Re: Frequency

Postby seaton » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:56 am

Thonord wrote:I don't have any strong feelings about frequency, but I'm more worried about the patent issue.

And in the interest of brainstorming. What if:" We design a RF spagetti strainer controller?"

It would only require a limited instruction set (one instruction - SS) SS stands for Strain Spagetti.
And a simple protocol for exchange of a few parameters.

Now, if they were battery powered and somebody bought them and soldered on PC conectors? Would that be a problem?

Tom

I like the idea, although have not heard of this before, what I had in mind for the pic version was going to do something that triggered whenever it received a single instruction over the RF, I guess this is what your talking about?, just a basic reliable remote trigger.
seaton
Site Admin

Yes Sir. A simple RF activator.

Postby Thonord » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:40 am

And I hope it will eventually include a completely transperant two- way data channel.

Tom
Or - just ignore me.
Thonord

Re: Yes Sir. A simple RF activator.

Postby seaton » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:52 am

Thonord wrote:And I hope it will eventually include a completely transperant two- way data channel.
Tom

BTW the local sales rep for the the Aerocomm modules got back to me and I was staggered at the $AUD130ea price tag for sample size purchases, so that ruled out that pretty fast.

I ordered some samples of the HopeRF modules on Friday (see http://forums.everythingrobotics.com/viewtopic.php?t=63 ) that arrived yesterday, their sales rep in China is right on the ball and has been a pleasure to deal with. So I will be having a play with them sometime over the next week or so when I get a chance, as the cost is right on the mark. They will support at least 1/2 duplex, but initially I just want the the same functionality as the ebay triggers, hopefully as a direct board replacement as low a cost as possible.

If these work out then I recokon we could see the cost of <$US10 a board which make it pretty feasable for a ebay trigger retrofit.

I have some extra samples as I needed a min order of 10 if anyone is interested PM me.

Stephen...
seaton
Site Admin

Postby JonSenior » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 am

Stephen. Which ones did you order in the end. I've just fired off a quote for the DIP RFM12B. If these behave as promised, I think you've hit the jackpot. If you'll take a Paypal payment, I'll take half of them (If you can spare them). Quote me for shipping to France.
JonSenior

Postby seaton » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:06 pm

JonSenior wrote:Stephen. Which ones did you order in the end. I've just fired off a quote for the DIP RFM12B. If these behave as promised, I think you've hit the jackpot. If you'll take a Paypal payment, I'll take half of them (If you can spare them). Quote me for shipping to France.

I have 10 each of the following to do some testing:

RFM12B-915-D (DIP)
RFM12B-915-S1 (SMD)
HM-R-915
HM-T-915
HM-TR-915

Also wanted the RFM12BP, longer range version of RFM12B (>3000M woohoo) , but they didnt have any in stock, have a big run of those on at the moment and currently in production, don't know when they're in stock, but if it works with the RFM12B module then it will work with the RFM12BP.

PM me what you want and I'll get shipping prices on Monday

Stephen....
seaton
Site Admin

Return to Hardware