Strange problem with RF12B and AVR

RFM12 Wireless module discussion.

Strange problem with RF12B and AVR

Postby bargobaad » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 am

Hi my friends,
I have assembled the RF12B circuit according to data sheet and enclose the "lcd_putchar()" to the codes to show receiving data o n lcd
, But I just receive two parallel linear character like this : || || || || || || . The transmitter's led blink after each sending per 1 sec , but the led of receiver blink very fast even the transmitter is off . I dont know why it happen
Please help me to find the problem of it .
Thank you all friends
bargobaad

Re: Strange problem with RF12B and AVR

Postby jkingdon » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi,

It can be difficult to get these things working the first time. I recommend you take things in steps, the first of which is to check that your microcontroller to radio SPI interface is working properly. The easiest way to do this is to use the C0xx command to change the frequency of the clock output. Use an oscilloscope or frequency meter to check that the RF12 responded to the SPI command.

Once you are sure that the SPI interface is working you can try and get the CRC packet test code working. Start with a low bit rate, 9600 bps or less. High speeds are difficult to get working reliably and the receivers will read a lot of junk data when you push the speeds higher.

Regards,
James.
jkingdon

Re: Strange problem with RF12B and AVR

Postby bargobaad » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:25 am

jkingdon wrote:Hi,

It can be difficult to get these things working the first time. I recommend you take things in steps, the first of which is to check that your microcontroller to radio SPI interface is working properly. The easiest way to do this is to use the C0xx command to change the frequency of the clock output. Use an oscilloscope or frequency meter to check that the RF12 responded to the SPI command.

Once you are sure that the SPI interface is working you can try and get the CRC packet test code working. Start with a low bit rate, 9600 bps or less. High speeds are difficult to get working reliably and the receivers will read a lot of junk data when you push the speeds higher.

Regards,
James.

thank you dear jkingdon. I will try it
bargobaad

Return to RFM12