hot-shoe mounts

Where we can source all our bits and pieces

Moderator: seaton

hot-shoe mounts

Postby seaton » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:20 am

Can anyone point me to a supplier for oem hot-shoe foot mount i.e. one that goes on the camera.

Also looking for something for the strobe to mount on. I know there are the wein type of mounts, but I'm looking for something a bit more for oem use ie I could screw onto a case and it brings the contacts out on the inside etc

Stephen...
seaton
Site Admin

Postby JonSenior » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Sadly all the hotshoes I've seen to date have a custom made feel to them. There doesn't appear to be a standard way of implementing one. Unless you really need one, I'd suggest a standard socket and adapter cable.
JonSenior

Postby seaton » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:51 am

JonSenior wrote:Sadly all the hotshoes I've seen to date have a custom made feel to them. There doesn't appear to be a standard way of implementing one. Unless you really need one, I'd suggest a standard socket and adapter cable.

Yes, I'm using that atm, however I've been intouch with a firm in India and early indications seem to think I can get what I'm after, just waiting for them to get back to me.
seaton
Site Admin

Re: hot-shoe mounts

Postby mvenkatd » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Hey Stephen...

I stay in bangalore, India... If you can PM me the details, maybe, I can look around with a few local sources. And, if the firm you're in contact with is in Bangalore I could pay them a visit.

Cheers
mvenkatd

Return to Procurement