Role Call

General Discussion - Everything else for V1 goes here

Moderators: seaton, strogg

Postby philtulju » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:01 am

philtulju here

Engineer, mostly electronics but have done mechanical, optical, thermal design as well. Some RF experience. Product design for about 6 years out of college.

Located in Shanghai, China, but am an American. Back to California in the spring, hopefully.

I have some time I would like to dedicate to the project

Interests are DIY projects, Photography, outdoor stuff.
philtulju

Postby paulgraham.ca » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Paul here,
Mechanical engineer that likes to play with electronics stuff. Employed is in heavy industry, but when I was a student I was a product development engineer with Xerox. Some hobby experience with PIC projects and general electronic stuff. Looking forward to learning lots from some of the more electronically inclined and trying to contribute what I can.
paulgraham.ca

Postby bintonav » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:38 am

Hi,

Name is Ben.
Degree is on Electrical Engineering, but currently working as a Windows C++ Software Developer. Used to be an avid electronics hobbyist, built a wire wrapped 8080 computer, and tinkered/programmed with Pics.
bintonav

IaOrana (Hello)

Postby maheanuu » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:34 am

The name is Ken.

I am a retired Navy Chief Electronics Technician, and was a CETA (Civilian Electronics Technician Afloat) on 3 Navy Men of War, USS Berkeley, USS Lynde McCormick, USS Tarawa, I have worked on Navy Systems, for over 50 years, and was a Field Engineer for Sperry Univac during my CETA days.

I am in the United States at this time, but make my home in Raiatea, French Polynesia. I have been out of the loop for quite a long time, but still try to keep pretty current with digital subjects.

10 years ago, I built a solar powered repeater to allow the family to receive television in our valley that couldn't be reached by the commercial signal. This was done from scratch and was a project that took me 2 years to complete. At that time, I had no access to the internet, and the snail mail request for catalogs and chip sheets took forever to arrive.

Today I am a little bit old, and long in the tooth, but still have my reasoning skills, and ability to dig through data sheets and other information to glean out the ideas that I can use. I only hope that I may be able to find various ICs Comb Filters, etc that may make this project work, Also there are a great many small broadband amplifiers out there that can cover the frequency spectrum from DC to Microwaves that vary in their power. With the proper filtering and oscillators, we should be able to build a transceiver that can run in the full duplex mode and remain stable and still be miniature enough for our needs.

Photography wise, I have 3 Digital Cameras, Minolta Dimage7i, and 2 Nikons, D70 and D200 along with a SB800 Speedlite along with a couple of "hacked" mini flash units that I plan on using for light umbrellas and diffusion tents.

I am still learning, both in digital and electronics, along with photography.

If you might care about knowing more about me, please visit my photo page at http://mah.smugmug.com/anoceanapart This page can tell you more about me than I could ever do.

Aroha Haere Maru Haere Papu!
maheanuu

Previous

Return to General